Monday, January 23, 2012

calm before the storm

these days I have an almost sinful amount of free time. I wake up virtually whenever I want, do as much or as little as I want. I play with my dog, I fuck around on Tumblr, do some research for a friend. After almost a month at home I have somewhat accepted the relative nothingness that my days have the potential to be. As Argentina draws closer, there are more practical things to be done-exchanging currency, beginning to pack, signing forms, but the waters of my life are still basically undisturbed.

I know that in three weeks, with a few days before I leave, the world will launch into hyper-speed and all this slowly passing time will evaporate, replaced by hours and days where you feel cheated a few minutes here and there. I have come to see my time now as the calm before the storm, before the frenetic never-stopping rush that will be Buenos Aires.

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment