Sunday, February 5, 2012

deuces A2


This weekend I went to Ann Arbor to celebrate a good friend's 21st birthday. I knew that this was going to be my last time in Ann Arbor for five months, kind of heavy shit. It's a city I love and identify with far more than with my actual hometown.
Between the car ride to Ann Arbor, house-shaking birthday party, somewhat surreal journey to Livonia and Fleetwood Diner for a farewell meal of Hippie Hash, it was a near perfect good bye to not only my friends but the city as well. Maybe it was the fact that it was a birthday, a celebration of life and accomplishments and all that goodness, but the atmosphere throughout was of optimism, exuberance and seriously good vibes.

This morning, sitting in Fleetwood with a cup of coffee and a steaming plate of hash, I felt incredibly fortunate to be where I was and headed where I am headed. I hope that my second family in Ann Arbor, particularly my FOKUS fam, know how grateful I am for them.


The experiences I have had in Ann Arbor have helped to shape who I am and I'm going to miss this city something crazy but after this weekend I feel ready to jump into this new Argentinian adventure

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment