Monday, February 27, 2012

Instant Coffee and getting hostel-clean

Last night I could not sleep. My head was overflowing with the events of the last few days and I kept combing through them. Also, Buenos Aires nightlife STARTS around 2AM and ends...when the sun comes up? So there was a lot of actividad outside my window. Sorry to ruin the fantasy for anyone but I haven't gone out yet in BA. I'm still soaking in all the changes. It will happen however, I will get fancy, and there will be raging.

This morning I ventured into the world of instant coffee. It was the strangest thing I've had that purported to be coffee. I have never wanted a coffee machine more in my life and feel that if I had the equipment, I'd mainline the stuff. But instead I sat in the cocina, full of morning sunshine, clinging to my instacoffee like an alcoholic clings to a vodka tonic.

After my breakfast of multi-fruit juice, a breakfast cake thing and instant coffee, I took a shower. It was incredible. I took a shower at the hostel but this means I only got 'hostel-clean' and by that I mean all the important bits got washed but I dried off with my terrycloth travel towel still feeling a layer of grime. So this morning's shower was the first proper one I've had since I left home.

Now I'm dressed and blogging about instant coffee and life in Argentina, enjoying feeling clean.

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment