Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria-Oh My

Yesterday I went to a travel clinic to get my immunizations for the rare diseases I will most likely never encounter. After waiting for twenty minutes and spending $250, I received shots for yellow fever and typhoid. Delicious. I also received anti-malarial pills and Cipro, an antibiotic for traveler's diarrhea. Having intimately experienced this during my time in Spain, I consider the $10 for the Cipro arguably the best money spent all day.

The next item on Argentina day was to haggle with my insurance over a vacation override to get a 3 month supply of a medication I take for ADD. Life would be easier if I didn't have to deal with this part of the...wait, what was I saying? In all seriousness, I'm very fortunate to have good insurance, or rather, that my mother does and it will all work out soon enough.

Surprise of the day was my dad buying me a new camera. Seeing as my existing camera was purchased in 2004, has seen the countries of France, Italy, Greece, Canada and Spain, been dropped off ledges and down stairs, and has a charger which was left behind somewhere in northern Spain...it was time for an upgrade. However, I had planned on spending the money to technologically advance my camera and was genuinely surprised when my dad said he'd take care of it. The most my parents ever pay for is dinner when we go out to eat so this was great.

Now I sit playing with my new camera, promising I won't ever drop it off high places onto hard surfaces, knowing I'm probably lying. I have my suggested packing list printed off.

Maybe considering packing would be good....

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment