Friday, February 17, 2012

minimalist living-life from a suitcase

Generally, I'm the kind of person who cleans and organizes everything. There is very little in my life/surroundings that doesn't have a specific place or purpose.
For the most part, I subscribe to the belief that a cluttered environment means a cluttered mind and I make a conscious effort to frequently reevaluate what I need and what I could give away. Living with as little clutter as possible helps me to think more clearly.

But when it comes to packing for a trip, a long distance, four month long trip for example, those urges to clean and be minimal come into conflict with my urge to be as prepared as possible. Weighing the necessity of each thing I pack makes me truly think about what is required for a full life. The answer is: not much. Beyond the basics, it is best to leave room for experiences to flesh out the space around me.

Bottom line: living with less allows you to live more fully.

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment