Thursday, February 9, 2012

the rosy glow of impending nostalgia

I've been at home for almost two months. Away from the rush of classes but also away from my friends and my city. I've been back to visit several times which has definitely helped and now I feel like I've said my temporary goodbye to Ann Arbor.

But now, with the days beginning to tick down seemingly louder and faster than before, I find myself looking around my house, the photos and furniture beginning to take on a a rosy glow, fuzzy around the edges. I call this the glow of impending nostalgia. It happens every time before I go away for a long time, the mundane and familiar objects, places, and people in my everyday life adopt a heightened significance.

I've started to look at my recommended packing list and it's really starting to hit me.
Argentina is coming.

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment