Monday, February 6, 2012

y mis padres son...

I just found out who my host familia is. They are in their sixties, my host mother is a literatura teacher, they are Buddhists and have a dog. Yes, I briefly thought of the scene in Anchorman..

I am going to live with two Argentinian Buddhists. This makes me so excited. Not because I am Buddhist myself but because I am currently imagining what it is like to be, I assume, a practicing Buddhist in Argentina-a country of Catholic tradition where many have a laid-back, non-Mass attending way of faith.

I am thrilled they have a dog, hopefully I will miss mine less.

These detalles are making el hecho de mi viaje a Argentina muy real.

Getting travel vaccinations later today-Yellow Fever, Typhoid and Malaria here I come. Please don't kill me.

besitos
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment